Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mistakes and corrections...

When I reread my older postings I found too many spelling mistakes, words not correctly used/missing and much more. But I feel quite tired to edit them at this moment....  All but one, I, in particular had to edit because my gracious blogger visitor Hayatinor wanted to copy and post it to her doctor sons.  It was meant to be shared, reminded and hopefully it was of some use to them.

When I looked at the posting entitled "Taking My Last Look" , I felt deep in sadness and nostalgia for the roof had once sheltered me and my entire family for the past five years.  Those over grown plants that I left behind were still looking somewhat "sad" (in my thoughts) because I did not take them along.  I have absolutely no space for them huge bushes of haliconea (mind the spelling... I still couldn't find the correct spelling until today) in this new apartment, neither in the soon-to-be-new dwelling which would be ready for us to move in some time later in October or so.  

I am missing all them plants, the birds and the bees, the monkeys huge and little - there must be more new borns by now...  

am now more like a  builder...

There are two high rise apartment coming their way.  The sounds are so contrasting to the previous dwelling.  There, it was so quiet that (my exaggeration) even if I dropped a needle, I could hear it.  In this new place, as soon as it is 6:30a.m vehicles started to arrive.  A long truck laden with heavy building materials making a loud sound from its honk, waking up their entire "community".  One after another of the heavy machinery, started to turn on its engine.  The tractors making their way up to the top where there are sands to be mixed to give them builders, cements.
Smells from the smoke emitted from the vehicles were constantly blown into my apartment.  I could not complain.  I only tolerated it as though am their chief and very much part of them.  Hahahaha!

On the hills I could see lights like those in the pictures  from "the hills of Rome"... they appeared to be in stacks... like some luxurious seaside apartments which are fully lighted.  In the day time, they are entirely the reverse... they are merely shacks and huts belonging to them workers and builders whom have contributed much to our building industry.  For without them, nothing grows... especially the "forest of bricks" in this part of the world.  Not many local people would work as builders.  These are imported work force that come, live, raise their families and earn their living here.  We cannot complain much when our currencies were out-flowing to their homeland through the banking services.  They earn their livelihood here. 

The long-necks (Harith replaces the original name of cranes) are working non stop until late evening.  By noon, a heavily laden  truck with steels making its way up the hill.  This I noticed is daily delivered.  A few trips of sands by smaller lorries found their way up there too.  This scheduled deliveries seemed fixed.  Sometimes I am smiling to myself.  Am I their unpaid "chieftain?"... LOL!

The dust that comes into the house is surprisingly "not that much"...  the amount is still tolerable by me.  Then comes the "smell of the curry aroma".

"D, if I keep on smelling this curry day in day out, I think I would vomit in two weeks time", said I to D one day.  The curry isn't as strong as the Indian curry, neither too mild to notice.  You know what I mean?  It's in between, so to say.  Sometimes, during our sahur time, there's a fresh strong smell of burnt rice.  AHA!  There, my friend... also burning food in their pots???

From where I stand, my sliding door is only 7'x5' , I could only see: A hill with half its vegetation gone for good, still some parts are scantily covered with trees that were saved for the day, huts and shacks built on different heights of the hills, the terrain was clearly and carefully cleared to make ways for the heavy vehicles to climb up to deliver materials, dogs, chicken, people and plants. No goodly neighbors like in hospital beds are seen at all.  And not forgetting the almost completed 15 storey high rise apartment.  Is it 15?  Guess so.

That's it for the day... am off now.  See you in the next chapter of life...?????????? May be in the next page of my posting.


2 comments:

azahar said...

The correct spelling is Heliconias, my dear Royal TLady.

RoyalTLady said...

Thanks for the solution...