Monday, November 24, 2008

To be or not to be?

Received an e-mail from a Sdara, Hamidin asking me whether I have made the final decision on early retirement.

Well Hamidin or just Hamjud as he is more well known as among us, it is as good as anyone's guess at the moment.

When the stress and strain of work is at its peak, I feel like just calling it a day even at 55!

But when I look at my youngest daughter and my current financial situation, well why not continue for another two more years? Who want to give RMxxxx that I am receiving monthly now?

Rationally speaking it will be best to continue...many will say that...but looking deep inside me, I feel that I have to go. There is something more important than continuing what I have been doing for the past 26 years.

Ismail Ahmad, another childhood friend, I heard has gone for a preparatory course.

Well Hamjud, I don't have to be in a hurry to decide. I have got a few more months to go before I have to decide.

Come to think of it seriously, it would be better to wait until I have gained 30 years of service...but will the waiting be worth it?

5 comments:

RoyalTLady said...

Doc,

How did you manage to send postings into my blog? I still wonder how...I must try to get my post into your blog them.

Anyway, since all the "necessity" is still there, don't think twice. REMAIN employed!!!!!!!! don't do things you might regret later. Dah JUSA ke belum?

Kalau dah JUSA, then better retire than running the whole state's office almost alone...

Salam to all you children sp.lovely Diyana. My Diyanah would only be back on Wednesday. Tomorrow would be her last paper...

azahar said...

That's what I am thinking now. How on earth did my posting on my blog went to your blog?

Just got my 54 confirmation yesterday.

JUSA? Kalau ikut adat tak ada harapan...sebab most of the present JUSAs in my dept is the same age with me.

InsyaAllah. Diyana and Syazwan are already home for the vacation. Syazwan has to miss his inter UiTM rugby because of his swollen ankle!

Send my regards to your grandson..ha ha

Tea Time With Melody said...

Sounds like a case of Identity Theft. hhahahahaha

RoyalTLady said...

Hahahahaha....

Now lemme try AKarim's theory... but how come it's not pasted in his own blog?

Anyway, I truly enjoy these surprises! It keeps me going and thinking and writing. Isn't it wonderful?

AND having Melody to comment is a thrill. WHY? Because I knew then ...that she visited me!!!!!!!!!!!!

azahar said...

I remember exactly that I posted the message on my blog and not yours!

The puzzle still needs explanation, may be by the blog managers.