Wednesday, November 19, 2008

TAGGED!!!!!!!!My first time being tagged too

Thursday, November 13, 2008

My very first time to be TAGGED!




(Thaaaaaaaaanks, Luthien! ;-))


OK ... If I'm understanding correctly what it means to be "tagged": I am to write 8 facts/habits about myself, tag 8 other blogger friends and notify them. Here goes nuffin'!

The facts:

1. I could live on grilled cheese sandwiches. OK, so I would probably weigh 1,000 pounds and be extremely unhealthy and die prematurely, but what a way to go. Mmmmmmm ... cheeeeeeese. When I was small, I was a finicky eater and all I wanted was grilled cheese sandwiches. My mom asked the pediatrician for advice, and he said, "Feed her one for breakfast, one for lunch, and one for dinner. Pretty soon she'll grow so tired of the damned things, she'll never want another." Heh. Some expert he was.

2. My first home-away-from-home when I left my parents' nest was in Balibago, Angeles City in the Philippines. I was 19. It was an experience, to say the least.

3. I have an irrational phobia -- I'm freaked out by fish. Dead or alive, they give me the heebie-jeebies. Can't eat 'em either.

4. I never tire of "I Love Lucy."

5. I had emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder in March of this year, after 10 years of suffering from painful stones. Good riddance!

6. I am eerily fascinated by stories of Jack the Ripper. (And it's actually pretty gross that I'd follow up an entry about having my gallbladder surgically removed with a statement about Jack the Ripper, but there you have it.)

7. I excelled in shorthand in high school, back when it was deemed a vital skill for secretarial work. I still use it on a near-daily basis, although sometimes I can't read what it says for the life of me.

8. I think I come across as pretty outgoing, although I'm actually painfully shy much of the time.


And here's who I'm tagging:

1. Linda at Lime in the Coconut
2. The Yellow House at Our Big Yellow House
3. RoyalTLady
4. OhioMom at Cooking in Cleveland
5. Mindy at Good Times, Noodle Salad
6. Kahlanne at Long Ramblings
7. Darlene at Our Creative Life
8. Balego at Frayed Brushes

Here are the rules of the game :

1. Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

2. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag eight people and list their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged and to read your blog.

Remember to come back and leave me a comment after you've done your "duty!"
:-D

Happy tagging!

10 comments:

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Hi Jen,
I'll try to think of some interesting facts about myself and post them son. Thanks for allowing me to play!
Take Care!

luthien said...

hehehe! thanks for playing! OMG... but why fish? it's my fav 'dieting' food!!!! oh dear... so the gallbladder is alright now? how long did it take to heal? CHEESE! YES!!!!!! and can i ask, you were working in the philippines? i've been there once when i was quite young... all i remembered was playing skateboard and falling down... hehehe... GREAT POST!!!!

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

Jen,
Love your tag post, Luthien tagged me too. I actually collect the old Gregg steno books! Even have one of the books that has the vinyl records, for the lessons, still attached in the back of it. Small world, huh? I was also very good, but now it's starting to leave me. I really should get back into it. Thanks for telling us more about you. xxoo

OhioMom said...

Jen, thanks for tagging me, don't be mad/sad if I don't post .. :)

I am sorry to here bout your surgery, and happy all turned out well.

Another shorthand person, I use some of it especially in taking notes in the kitchen, a lady at the market asked for one of my recipes the other day and I had to catch myself, lol, I was writing my scribble.

Hugs

balego said...

my goodness, I feel like such a slacker as I haven't done any posting or painting! Gosh Jen, I see I've been tagged and I'm flattered. But... um.... I don't even KNOW 8 bloggers lol! (And you know those emails where it says 'forward to 7 people and something wonderful will happen? I can't even come up with 7 people I could send them to so I never get to find out what wonderful thing will happen to me 7 minutes after forwarding it on). sigh.

I suppose I could come up with 8 facts about myself. ;)

kahlanne said...

Thanks so much. It is my first time being tagged as well. I left 8 probably boring facts about me but it was fun! Thanks, Carol

Anonymous said...

Oooooooo -- grilled cheese! Must be really darkly grilled -- none of that namby-pamby melted stuff on cold bread! BUT a really wicked good grilled cheese is especially good with tomato soup! One of my favorite dinners!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

Jen said...

Well, I'm having a heckuva time leaving comments on others' pages today ... I get an error message almost each time I try. Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for playing along, to whatever extent you wanted to play along. It was fun just hearing back from each of you, and to those who posted their own "tag" blogs, I hope to get around to leaving a comment on your page as the system allows! :-)

RoyalTLady said...

Jen, I saw your picture in my blog...tagged but I did not know how to go about it until you told me to check it here.

Thanksssssssss Jen. I am excited about it. What I would do is...I think I am going to copy your Tagged post into my blog...may I? I shall wait or your green light... I'm excited!!!!!!!!

enjoy your Sunday

Jen said...

Absolutely, RoyalTLady! Copy away!
:-D

3 comments:

Tea Time With Melody said...

Hey there! Stop by my blog, I have something for you! :)

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I really love toasted cheese sandwiches too. HMMMM! Sooo Good! Have a grand day! Cathy

Tea Time With Melody said...

Sounds like you have a pretty interesting life to me!!!! Jack the Ripper? He interests me too the whole mystery beind it all.